44CO046 – Visual Studio 2008 and .NET Framework 3.5 Training
I was lucky enough to be invited to attend this three day course last week.
My own approach to training encompasses books, training videos, Developer events , Conventions, Internet sites and, perhaps most importantly, ‘hands on’ experience. I don’t ordinarily pay for training courses so this event was more than welcome.
The course covered:
The course was based on the excellent Visual Studio 2008 training kit (available from http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=7602397) and took place at at Xpertise’s offices in Maidenhead.
Day #1: Fundamentals: Framework and Language Enhancements
- Lap around Visual Studio 2008 and .NET Framework 3.5
- What’s new in C# 3.0?
- What’s new in Visual Basic 9.0?
- .NET Language Integrated Query (LINQ)
- Using LINQ with Relational Data
- Lab#1: C# 3.0 / VB 9 – language extensions Lab
- Lab#2: C# 3.0 / VB 9 – LINQ Lab
- .NET Framework 3.x Enhancements
Day #2: Building Rich Client Experiences
- Introduction to Microsoft UX (User Interface)
- Introduction to ASP.NET AJAX
- Building Web Applications with Visual Studio 2008
- Lab#1: AJAX web
- Lab#2: Building Web Applications with Visual Studio 2008
- Windows Presentation Foundation 3.X
- Building Windows Presentation Foundation Applications in Visual Studio 2008 and Expression Blend
- Lab#3: Building WPF Applications with Visual Studio 2008 and Expression Blend
Day #3: Building Connected Applications and Visual Studio Team System 2008
- Introduction to WCF and WF in Visual Studio 2008
- WCF Enhancements in Visual Studio 2008
- Building Microsoft Windows Workflow Foundation Enabled Windows Communication Foundation Services in .NET Framework 3.5
- LAB1#: Option to choose one of the following 6 labs:
- Developing Dynamic , Data-driven Web Sites
- Introduction to WCF
- Introduction to WWF
- Developing Workflow Services
- Building AJAX/JSON services using WCF
- Syndication using WCF
- Visual Studio Team System DB SKU in VS2008
- Team Build
- Version Control
- Unit tests
- Web Tests
- Load Tests
- Analysis Tests
Cool, way too much information to cover in this blog but an excellent course (that ties in well to the downloadable training kit and associated videos available on Channel 9).